Sienna Spray Tanning
Be Exquisite offers the unique and sophisticated experience of Sienna Spray Tan. Sienna products are also available for purchase in our Leicester salon.
Sienna Professional Spray Tan
How does spray tanning work?
Spray tanning involves applying an active ingredient, dihydroxyacetone, or DHA, to your skin using a specialist low-pressure spraying machine. DHA is a colourless sugar, which interacts with the proteins and amino acids in the outer layer of your skin to produce a golden brown colour. Apples turn brown when exposed to air and this is a similar process.
You will be sprayed with a lightly coloured solution of DHA. The actual tan takes 6 – 8 hours to develop and the lightly coloured solution washes off in the shower (you will be advised on how long to wait before you can bathe or shower).
What about streaking and/or turning orange?
Fake tanning has made huge leaps since its first inception. New and improved solutions, machines and spray tan technology virtually eliminate these concerns. A solution will be chosen for your colouring from a beautiful selection of Sienna colours to give you a natural sun-kissed look with long lasting results.
Sienna products combine a wealth of natural ingredients to moisturise and nourish your skin. Ingredients include organic rose hip oil, green tea, gingko, aloe vera, sweet almond oil, cocoa butter, coconut oil, anti-oxidant vitamins A & E, avocado extract, suma, shea butter, Q10 and hyaluronic acid.
Is it safe?
Yes. You will get that great tanned looked using spray tanning, which is much safer than exposing your skin to the sun’s rays. There is of course no risk of sunburn, peeling, sunstroke or sun-related skin diseases. DHA has been FDA approved for use in the personal care industry for over 30 years. The only reported adverse effects have been minor skin irritations on people suffering from allergies. Allergic reactions are extremely rare and if you have experienced allergic reactions to self-tanning or other beauty products, please arrange a skin patch test first.
How long will my sunless tan last?
Approximately 5 to 7 days depending on your daily skincare regime and lifestyle. Your tan will fade just like a tan from the sun. As your skin sheds dead cells, your tan will fade, so the key is to moisturise daily using Sienna ‘Make it Moist, Make It Last’ DHA-rich tan top moisturiser, which will help to extend the life of your tan.
How dark will I get?
The darker you tan in the sun, the darker you will get with a spray tan. There are different strengths of DHA and you will be advised which one will best suit your skin tone. Some people like to keep a year-round light golden tan, but if you want a really deep, dark and longer lasting tan, try our ‘Double Exposure’ treatment. Simply book a second tanning appointment for within 48 hours of your first appointment.
What should I wear after my treatment?
Wear loose fitting dark coloured clothing, as some of the bronzer may rub off on to your clothing. Any colour can usually be washed out during a normal wash cycle. Bear in mind that all materials have the potential to stain. Shoes can also cause your feet to perspire, affecting the final results, so it’s best to wear flip-flops. Natural fibres e.g. 100% cotton T-shirts, sweatshirts and baggy clothes are best.
Instructions for use
- Exfoliate the night before – rough it up to smooth it out!
- Moisturise using ‘Look Great Naked’ moisturiser, paying particular attention to dry areas such as knees, elbows, ankles, or any other problem areas. Do not moisturise or use other skin lotions on the day of your spray tan
- Paint nails and toenails, especially acrylics or similar
- Wax/shave at least 24 hours prior to treatment to allow pores time to close and so prevent dotting in pores
- Remove deodorant, make-up, lotions, etc. before your tan
- Bring and wear dark loose clothing. Any tight fitting clothing may cause wear marks
- Wear flip-flops or loose fitting shoes
- Do not shower or bathe for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight and when you bathe or shower remember to pat dry and not rub
- Do not exercise or swim during the development period
- Try not to touch your skin during the development time. We will ensure that your hands are clear of tanning solution, so any marks on your hands will be due to touching the developing tan. Once the tan has developed, nothing will remove it from your palms. Top tip: wear loose socks over your hands in bed
- Moisturise, moisturise and moisturise some more! Morning and night. Sienna ‘Make it Moist, Make it Last’ is an excellent tan top-up with 3% active DHA. Your tan will be continually topped up and its life extended. Remember to wash your hands after use
- After day 5, exfoliate with ‘Rough it Up to Smooth it Off’ on a daily basis, to help your skin absorb even more moisturiser and keep it looking and feeling gorgeous. Then moisturise with ‘Look Great Naked’ moisturiser and to make your tan last longer, use ‘Make it Moist, Make it Last’ tan top-up. For the best effect use one moisturiser in the morning and one in the evening.
- Long exposure to water and sweating from exercise will fade your spray tan. Your outer cells will start to soak up water which dilutes the effect of the tan. The longer you are in water, the lighter your tan will become.
- Remember, a selection of Sienna products is available in the salon.
“After having had many bad experiences with waxing since moving to Leicester 5 years ago, I finally found ‘Be Exquisite’ on the internet and called to book an appointment that day. The whole experience was fantastic. Not only is Akila welcoming but she puts you at ease straight away. The waxing result is absolutely brilliant – it’s no surprise I keep on coming back. I have not found anyone who does a better job.”
To book in with Akila at the beauty salon for dermalogica facials and Lycon waxing hair removal call us, or fill out the form below and we will get back to you: